Thursday, February 16, 2017

New I1 branches for RUNCIMAN

Check out the abbreviated I1 tree in the Haplogroup section of DNASurnames, particularly the I1 RUNCIMAN branch I-Y22033 aka I-A9096

FTDNA have revised their I1 tree after analysing the 6 RUNCIMAN BigY results and we now have two subclades under I-Y22033,

  • I-A11399 for Lineage 1a (the Wanton Walls branch) and 
  • I-A11400 for Lineage 1d (Alexander of Meikle Pinkerton's branch)

Waiting for YFull.com to catch up once they've analysed the remaining two BigY kits, which will be some weeks away yet, and to provide some time estimates to the new subclades.
The overall I-Y22033 branch still contains Lineages 1b (William of Crail) and 1c (Thomas of Dunbar)

As at mid Feb 2017:
YFull


where "new" shows Jerry (R-02 from Lineage 1a)'s kit as having begun processing.

We may soon have some idea of what we set out to explore with BigY testing - when did the 4 I1 yDNA STR matching lines diverge?
Currently, with four kits analysed, the estimate is after 550 ybp, ie after 1400 sometime.

To do this sort of work the pre-requisite are tested RUNCIMAN lines.
There must be more out there willing to explore at least a little to see whether or not they match any of the others, even though it is a surname with an occupational origins.

No comments:

Post a Comment